KARACHI: At least five workers died after inhaling toxic fumes while cleaning a chemical tank factory in Karachi,
According to our correspondent, the incident took place in a plastic manufacturing factory located in Korangi industrial area where five workers passed out, one after another, while cleaning an underground tank.
It was reported that the reservoir containing a chemical which destabilized the health of workers five shortly after descended into the tank.
The affected were rescued by rescuers and taken to a hospital where they were pronounced dead.
Other factory workers, while talking to Samaa, said they were neither informed about the presence of chemicals or equipment were provided with security of the factory management.